Shikamaru really is capable of being Hokage. Really smart, strategist, observant. But he would be a better advisor than anything. Naruto needs the guidance.
Picture Source (x)
Okay, who’s the wise guy?
As promised, here are my Royai fanfic recommendations. <3 A lot of people have been messaging me about this. Sorry, this took a while. Christmas and New Year came. HAHA!
I’m not really into fanfics, but because Royai, I just had to read. I’m sorry, but I’m kinda picky with fanfics, especially when it comes to my OTP for life. <3 I don’t like it when the characters get OOC or when there are OCs in fanfics. (Though, there are exceptions. :) ) I’ll be updating this constantly, so just keep checking this list. :) When I find a Royai fanfic I like, I’ll add it immediately to this list. <3 You can always go back to this, because I’ll be tagging it as “justroyai fanfic recs” :)
HERE GOES! (I’m not sure if I can write my comments for all fanfics, I might have to reread some of the fanfics again to be able to write my comments about it. I’ve read a lot of Royai fanfics. And by a lot, I mean A LOT. Trust me.)
I made a similiar post about some of my fave Royai fics/fanfic authors before, but for the benefit of those who haven’t seen/read that post..
1. MoonStarDutchess- She immediately became one of my all time fave Royai fanfic writers. I LOVE HOW SHE WRITES. ROY AND RIZA ARE SO IN CHARACTER.
And omg she is an awesome smut writer.All of her Royai fanfics are worth reading, though some are crack fics, tho some of you might enjoy those. :) I also love her Royai + Royai children fanfics. They are absolutely adorable.
My fave Royai fics from MoonStarDutchess, in no particular order:
1. Best Kept Secret- This was actually the first Royai fic I read. And I COULDN’T STOP READING IT. It’s set in the FMA:Brotherhood timeline. Where Roy and Riza were secretly married throughout the whole series. JUST OMG. If you haven’t read this fic, you should go read it NAOOOO. It’s just perfection.
2. Vacuous Heart of Blood- This is an AU Royai fic. (I’m okay with AU Royai fanfics, it’s just that I don’t really prefer it.) BUT AGAIN, this is an exception. SDJSLKDJLSAK I won’t get much into details, but get this: Vampire Roy, Human Riza, fantasy + a whole lot 80s- early 90s feel.
3. How Could You Forget- This was a really good read. I love how it involves Madame Christmas and Roy’s ‘sisters’.
Summary: Roy is distracted by Maes and as a result, he forgets the date and a very special day for Riza and him.
4. The Things Drunken Men Speak- Funny and sweet oneshot.
Summary: Riza goes to pick Roy up from the bar in what she deems as the typical Friday night. Little does she know that she will get a huge surprise from a drunken Roy.
5. When One’s World Is Shaken- This is one of my all time fave Royai fanfic. I can’t put into words how beautifully this fic was written.
Summary: When Riza is assaulted the life she has with Roy is shaken. Can Roy help her through her struggle with all her self doubts?
6. Roy’s Teddy Bear- This was really fluff to the max. Cute oneshot.
Summary: When Roy takes a break in one of the nap rooms, Riza discovers a habit he has that she never knew about.
7. The Trouble With Kissing Booths- A pre-Brotherhood Royai. In short, Young Royai. Back when Riza was still studying in the military academy. This was cute.
Summary: Roy gets jealous when Rebecca has his fiancee Riza run a kissing booth with her and Maria. Will their relationship withstand this seemingly insignificant matter?
8. Does Daddy Love Mommy?- One of my fave Royai + Royai kids fic. This was just so cute and just AHHHHHHH. <3
Summary: When Roy and Riza’s kids are running an errand, one of Roy’s ex-girlfriends tells their children that Roy doesn’t love them or their mom.
9. Mama and Papa’s Playtime-
I was thinking dirty when I read the title. You just know it.Another cute Royai + Royai kids fanfic.
Summary: Roy and Riza’s kids hear something that worries them coming from their parent’s bedroom and go to their great grandfather for help.
10. True Reasons- So sweet and so very Royai. <3
Summary: After hearing some women in the locker room talk about Roy’s reason’s for wanting to marry her, Riza has doubts about Roy’s love for her. What will Roy do to erase these doubts from her mind?
2. Antigone Rex- Another talented Royai fanfic writer. I swear. She keeps Royai so in character - So much that it hurts. *sobbing*
My fave Royai fanfics from Antigone Rex, again, in no particular order:
1. Reverberations- One of the Royai fanfictions that has OC, but is an exceptional fic. This fanfic made me sleep in wee hours of the morning, because I couldn’t stop reading. This is a post- Brotherhood Royai fanfic. I also love how this also focuses on Roy’s relationship with his other subordinates, not just Riza. But the Royai fluff here is just to the max. ALSKJDKLDJFDF Plus, I love the fact that I learn new words from this fanfic. WOOO More words to add to my vocab. HAHAHA!
Summary: Post-Brotherhood Royai. In the wake of the Promised Day, Mustang and Hawkeye struggle to find normalcy. With a powerful new enemy and a growing Ishvalan Resistance looming at every turn, will they learn to understand one another before it is too late?
2. The General’s Daughter- Oneshot. A very adorable and sweet oneshot. <3 I just love Overprotective!Roy. <3
Summary: It’s only fitting that Amestris’ most infamous womanizer should have a beautiful daughter. Introducing Overprotective!Roy.
3. A Dusty Brown Bottle- OMG THIS FIC. Hilarious all-around. Drunk!Riza is the best. The best. Riza might seem to be a bit OOC here, but then again, she’s drunk, so yeah.
Summary: Vanessa always knew what lay hidden in the dusty brown bottle, secreted on the top shelf behind the bar.
3. hmmingbird- This girl is very talented. The way she writes, I feel like I’m reading poetry.
My fave Royai fanfics from hmmingbird, again, in no particular order:
1. Ruby Throat- Ruby Throat. How do I even begin to describe Ruby Throat? This is one of the fanfics that hurt so much, but it’s still so good.
Summary: Love fell into his lap at the most inopportune moment. [Royai]
2. The Closed Circle- The ending was quite predictable, but nevertheless, this is one of my all time fave Royai fanfics. <3
Summary: In which Lieutenant Hawkeye drives Colonel Mustang to distraction, and he decides he’s had quite enough cold showers.————————————————4. Chuui- She says she’s a horrible writer. (According to her author bio) On the contrary, I don’t think so. I enjoy reading her Royai fanfics very much. <3 Her fics deserves a bit more love. <3 (By love, I mean, faves and follows.)My fave Royai fanfics from Chuui, again, in no particular order:1. Not In The Mood- Hilarious. Just friggin hilarious. I just love seeing a very horny Roy and a not so interested in Roy’s advances Riza. KJSKJDSKD I really enjoyed reading this one.Summary: Riza Hawkeye was not in the mood, but that never stopped Roy Mustang from trying.2. Anniversary- This was really cute and hilarious. I was grinning the whole time I was reading this fic. Definitely worth reading. Oneshot.Summary: Roy and Riza are in Resembool and Roy decides to take advantage of the fact that nobody knows who they are and introduces himself and his lieutenant as a married couple.3. Not Quite Right- I was always so curious about Young!Royai. I love this fic. Hilarious and cute all around. Oneshot.Summary: Riza Hawkeye would be lying to herself if she said she didn’t have any interest in Roy Mustang, he was rather good-looking and she always had wondered what it would be like to…————————————————5. Silvery Mist- I stumbled upon this author’s bio by accident. And I’m glad I did. Love her fics. Royai are so in character. <3My fave Royai fanfics from Silvery Mist, in no particular order:1. Friday Night- This was hilarious. OMG. SJLKSAJKLSJD I just love it when Team Mustang is involved in a Royai fic.
You just know that they ship Royai so hard.Poor Havoc tho. HAHA!Summary: Havoc and Breda decided to check out one of the local bars hoping to get lucky. Unfortunately, they get more than what they bargained for when one girl catches Havoc’s eyes.2. A Not So Perfect Date- This was so funny. I love Roy here. He’s so in character. Especially when his lieutenant is out on a date. But not with him. He be like she’s MY lieutenant. No one can go out with her except for me.Summary: When Riza goes out on a date with another man, a jealous Roy sets out to make sure sparks don’t fly.3. Stealing a kiss- Pure fluff. Oneshot. <3Summary: Why do you like reading romance novels Riza?4. Operation Miniskirt- This fic. This fic. It’s a mix of action, fluff and humor. KSJDKSLSL Yes, and this one of thos Roy + Miniskirts fanfics. :))Summary: Riza is far from thrilled when she’s forced to go undercover as a prostitute during a sting operation to catch a serial killer.5. Confession- This was absolutely beautiful. Enough said.Summary: Riza always knew that she was an important part of the Colonel’s life but it wasn’t until after Maes Hughes’ death that she knew just how important she was.————————————————
Elemental Chess Trilogy: Just read it, and you’ll know why a lot of people like this trilogy. :D Usually, I don’t read fanfics with sequels, prequels or let alone a trilogy, but this is an exception. Now go read! :)
Volume 1: Flowers of Antimony
Volume 2: Brilliancy
Final Installment: The Game of Three Generals
UNSORTED: Royai fanfics from authors that I haven’t got to browse all their Royai stories yet. Or they are relatively new or they have only written one Royai fanfic. But nevertheless, I enjoyed all of them. :)
1. Hawkeye and the General- This is a good fanfic. It’s the type that makes me want to read more. But, I find Riza OOC in some parts this fic. Don’t know if others share the same sentiments, but still, good. :) This fic is ongoing, btw.
Summary: Ed and Winry’s wedding provides the perfect time for Riza Hawkeye and her commanding officer to sort out their complicated relationship. Or so everyone else thinks. But Riza knows she won’t be able to take control of her personal life until Roy reaches his ever-demanding goal, and she doesn’t think she’ll be able to hold out for much longer. And neither does he.
2. Embarrassed Meeting- Multichapter fic. I think the author intended for this to be a oneshot, but due to popular demand- she kept writing more and more chapters. (I’m glad she did!) This is a fic that makes you want more. I love this fic, because it’s sweet and hilarious mixed into one.
Summary: Roy’s emergency meeting that ends with Riza in his arms.
UPDATES from March 7, 2014:
Kelenloth- I found this author via Tumblr. Ohhh the things tumblr can do! Amazing really! And I do believe that this author deserves a whole lot more reviews. I love the way she writes!
1. This is Gonna Sting- Can I just say this fanfic is one of the best? I love authors who write fanfics about Roy/Riza POV. :) This is the author’s version of what happened in episode 19 of FMA: Brotherhood. I happen to stumble upon this fanfic when the author reblogged one of my headcanons from my Royai headcanons blog. She said that she wrote a fanfic about that particular headcanon. And here it is!
Summary: ”I cauterized the wound closed. I almost passed out a few times from the pain.” This is the story of Roy closing and preventing wounds the only way he knows how. A short scene that occurs “offstage” in canon. Chapter 38-39/episode 19 Spoilers. Rated for in-canon violence and in-canon language. Second more Riza-centric chap. added with aftermath of Roy and Lust’s battle.
2. Her Name Is Elizabeth- “AHHHHHHHHH!” is all I can say after reading this fic. OMG This a very good read. And I really enjoyed this fic very much. I love fanfics that has “Elizabeth” in it. ;)
Summary: Riza drives Roy home after the team’s New Year’s Eve celebration at his favorite bar in Central. Some very interesting people had been there, including what seemed to be every girl Roy had ever dated in Central, and that odd woman, Madame Christmas. Riza has question and Roy has a few tipsy answers. Currently a one-shot, may end up a two-shot. My thoughts on Chris and Elizabeth.
3. My Father’s Masterpiece- Ohhh i just love Young!Royai fanfics or fanfics about their past. It just gets me everytime.
Summary: ”This is my father’s masterpiece. He entrusted it to me while you were away.” That morning they had buried her father. That night was the start of the rest of their lives. - Young-ish Royai concerning Berthold’s death, Riza’s back, and the secrets there. Rated T for safety only.
Janieshi- I’ve read a couple of her Royai fics, and they are just so adorable. Haven’t read ALL of her Royai fics, but the ones i’ve read so far are enjoyable. <3
Espionage- A cute fic about Young!Royai. This is a multichaptered fic,
Summary: ”He couldn’t quite find the right words to describe the feeling of foreboding that had curled up deep in his belly when he’d looked into his teacher’s eyes.” Pre-series character study of the relationship between Roy and Riza as young teens, spoilers for manga and anime.
Shot Down- Really cute oneshot fic. Set in Pre-Manga/Anime.
Summary: ”There was evidently only one pretty blonde female officer in all of Eastern that frequented the range-but the magnificent Lieutenant Hawkeye proved to be wholly unapproachable.” Pre-or-early series. Slight hints of Royai, naturally.
UNSORTED: Again, this are Royai fanfics from authors that I haven’t got to browse all their Royai stories yet. Or they are relatively new or they have only written one Royai fanfic. But nevertheless, I enjoyed all of them. :)
Awkward Position- This is a hilarious fic all throughout! <3 And I love it when Team Mustang is involved in a Royai fic, because my headcanon is that they all ship Royai. :))
Summary: Roy Mustang wakes up in a very awkward position after having to share a bed with Hawkeye and he needs to solve his problem before she wakes up. Royai.
Distraction- OMG. THIS FIC IS THE BEST THING EVER. READ IT NOW. Again, I love fanfics that has “Elizabeth” in it. And I think this is one fanfic I can read over and over again. OHHH AND THE AUTHOR IS NEW TO THE ROYAI/FMA FANDOM. *throws confetti at esbethwrites* Welcome to our wonderful fandom! The one that ruined my life. *sobbing* Thank you for writing this wonderful fanfic. <3
Summary: With Lieutenant Hawkeye out on vacation, and Colonel Mustang stuck with a mountain of paperwork at the office, a seductive “Elizabeth” offers a distraction over the phone to help hasten the Colonel’s progress, but ends up halting it instead.
I have more good Royai fanfics, will update this post again soon. :) I know a lot of you want this already, so I will to post this now. :) If a fanfic you’ve read is good, maybe you can suggest it to me. :) Please don’t bug me if I’ve read this fanfic or that fanfic. If it’s not in this list, I probably didn’t read it yet.
cheesus, now my back hurts from all the typing. Took me half a day to finish this list. WOOO!
I’m so glad I found these fanfics. *sobbing*
UPDATED: March 7, 2014
row row row your boat is kind of weird because its just a song about boats until the last line when it questions reality?
So Diana Wynne Jones has sadly left the world before completing the Chrestomanci cycle….at least that’s how I see it. I always imagined she would write nine books, seeing as how nine was so important to the stories….nine lived enchanters and all that.
My own piece of head cannon/fanfiction that…